Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's been a while

So I've had some time away from the blog (FB is getting most of my snarky attention). I'm back in Alaska and happy to be here. It's shaping up to be a gorgeous summer and I'm slowly getting back into fighting (MTB) shape. I've been back for less than three weeks and have already ridden with someone I have greatly admired from afar: Jill who writes the Up in Alaska blog.
I'm back working at a bike shop and that is going OK. I always want to be faster, which makes me tense thinking that those around me are faster, which leads to back pain. Fatigue usually calms things down and forces a weary relaxation that allows my body to heal. Meantime I'm enjoying the 5 mile one way commute (19 mile one way last summer!). And I think I'll be able to ride Sundays and Wednesday nights with groups which is somewhat unusual for me. Usually I ride solo, but this group thing is better in bear country. More later with pix and stuff.

1 comment:

rigtenzin said...

Enjoy summer. It's over in about a month.